The Parish Church of St. Mary,
The Rev’d B.C Huntley, bur 1890
B.C Huntley was Headmaster of Hutton School until his early death. The window shows “St. Peter” (left) and “St. Paul” (right), At the top of the window is a quotation from the Prayer of the Church in the Book of Common Prayer (1662):
“We bless they holy name for all the servants departed this life in thy faith and fear beseeching thee to give us grace so to follow their good examples that with them we may be partakers of thy heavenly kingdom”.
North wall, east to west
Revd. William Loxam, d. 1809
He was a Minister of Longton. The memorial caries the Achievement of Loxam and is by S. and T. Franceys of Liverpool.
The families of Dewhurst, Noble and Ascroft from 1772
East wall, north to south
Christiana Ascroft, d. 1897; William Ascroft, d. 1916
Elizabeth Rawstorne, d. 1840
Ralph Holmes, d. 1912
Revd. W.E.Rawstorne, d. 1907
He was incumbent of Penwortham 1858-
Lawrence Rawstorne, d. 1803
Tablet by Webster of Kendal
South wall, east to west
Elizabeth G. A. Rawstorne, d 1823
The monument, again by Webster of Kendal, carries two shields, firstly of Rawstorne and secondly a unicorn between three hands.
John Horrocks M.P., D 1804
Well known cotton magnate, related to J. Horrocks, the astronomer. The monument was paid for by his nephew and executed by T. Marsh of London 1863.
|St. Mary's Before Re-ordering|
|Church Related Links|